A Note From Kakie
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. In case you were wondering, my name, “Kakie“, is pronounced like the color khaki. Writing is a creative outlet for me and I started this blog in an effort to do something worthwhile. Everyone has a story to tell and when we give, we get. I want to take my passion for learning and use it to create connections by sharing knowledge.
I care about the work I do and enjoy using my curiosity, creativity, and resourcefulness to solve problems and turn them into opportunities. Using our common experiences to collaborate can result in the power to grow, teach, learn, connect and be better as a result of the experience.
As I work with dynamic people and organizations trying to figure out how to adapt to, and approach this new world, it thrills me each time we teach one another. So let’s get started and begin conversations about possibilities that help us be even better!
My professional journey has woven in and out of Fortune 500 corporate environments and startup ventures, through roles that bestowed titles such as; Vice President, Founding Partner, Award Winning Entrepreneur, Author, Blogger, Strategic Management Consultant, Advisor, Marketing Director and more.
As an Executive MBA Graduate, I have been fortunate acquire skills that position me as a great learner, leader and team builder who knows how to create a vision with a sense of inclusiveness that brings everyone along. My resourcefulness and analytical thinking skills help me make assessments that result in thorough research and analysis to make good business decisions and recommendations while maintaining flexibility to change direction when necessary. International business study and travel to South East Asia opened up new doors for me and taught me why it is so important to remain relevant as a global citizen. As a Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Manager (CPM) and a Prosci® Certified Change Management Practitioner (ADKAR®), I am an implementor who knows how to take initiative, stay focused on the end goal and get results on time and under budget.
I’m excited about all the possibilities in this world of complex systems. Imagine a global environment where we all become the great leaders we aspire to be. It can be done!
New doors are opening every day and I am optimistic about our future. It is my belief that successful people want to help each other and my desire is to engage in dialogue about things that are meaningful to you., so please feel free to leave suggestions about topics you would like to discuss. Please don’t keep me a secret. I would love to connect with you and others you think I should meet. Thank you for joining the conversation!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Published academic paper; “Best Buy Strategic Management Analysis” has received over 45,000 hits in just a few years.
Bur Bur and Friends portfolio: Award winning author, blogger, writer. Recipient of multiple awards and recognition including:
- Teachers Choice Award
- Disney iParenting Media Awards
- Mom’s Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Parent Picks, Best Local Blog Minneapolis
- Semi-Finalist in 2007 Minnesota Cup
- Website Semi-Finalist Advertising Federation of MN competition called “The Show”
- Presidential Recognition from Barack Obama and Bill Clinton
- Minnesota Change Management Network
- Project Management Institute – MN
- Execunet Minnesota
Clean Tech Open – A national small business incubator and competition for clean and green technology companies in the United States
- 2009 – 2010 Marketing and Social Media Co-Chair
- 2002-2006 Co-Chair, Women’s Interest Network Committee
- 2001-2002 Spanish Interest Network Volunteer Chair and Steering Committee
- 2001-2002 Community Partners Council Member – Philanthropic Committee
- 2016 Children’s Theatre Company
- 2015-16 DeLaSalle Islander Foundation
- 2010-2014 Children’s Tumor Foundation, Neurofibromatosis
- 2007-2010 Boy Scouts of America
- 2000-2012 Board Advisor – La Oportunidad
- 1997-2000 Treasurer and Board Member – La Oportunidad
- Other volunteer work: Children’s Theater Company, Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity, Dorothy Day Center, Feed My Starving Children, Catechist, St. John Neumann Catholic Church
PUBLIC SPEAKING AND MEDIA APPEARANCES
- Mall of America
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- Minnesota Children’s Museum
- Hubbs Children’s Literature Conference
- University of St. Thomas
- Book readings & signings: Hennepin County Library, Children’s Museum of Minnesota, St. David’s Center, Minnesota Saints Game,
- The Bookcase of Wayzata, The Red Balloon Bookshop, Toddler Tuesdays