Affirmations: Kids, Empowerment and Healthy Families
March 28, 2011 Leave a comment
By Kakie Fitzsimmons
When I was a young girl, my mother gave us the gift of affirmations. We taped them to the bathroom mirror and our bedrooms so we could recite them before we went to sleep. It was a great topic of conversation. Recently I pulled some of my own together and allowed history to repeat itself. It”s funny how sometimes we do something with the intent of helping others and we realize it helps us as well and everyone wins. We are enjoying the discussions in our household about what our affirmations mean to us and why we think they are important.
- I believe in myself and my abilities
- I have a positive attitude, optimism helps me discover the bright side of life.
- God has given me talents that make me the best I can be and it’s up to me to use them to the best of my ability.
- When my spaces are organized, my mind is organized.
- I have a cheerful heart and share that with others.
- Mom and I are a good team, helping each other makes things easier for both of us.
- I say positive things about myself to myself.
- I am a confident young man who makes friends easily.
- My gifts are: creativity, being kind, looking at the bright side of life and being helpful.
Please share your thoughts about affirmations below, I would love to hear from you!