Business: Top Ten Ways to Make Social Media Work For You
February 14, 2010 Leave a comment
Are you learning about social media and want some help figuring it all out? Well then perhaps I can be of assistance. Social media is not about tools like Twitter and Facebook. It is about the relationships. Below are my top 10 ways to make social media successful in business.
- Listen. Find third-party applications to help you do this
- Find like-minded people who fit your niche/target
- Share files, video, pictures and images with others.
- Manage your Twitter account. Schedule twitter posts effectively using TweetLater.
- Be transparent. Engage in the social media conversation and don’t ever spam.
- Build relationships. Educate others to add value around things that are important to them. It is important to make sure people in your network feel seen and validated.
- Use twitter #hashtags as a tool to track conversation at meetings and conferences
- Gather, statistics from your followers and who you’re following. Know where you stand, so you can work on targeted areas that need some attention.
- Connect your twitter account with your blog, and other social media sites seamlessly.
- Track your progress with stats, graphs, ratios.
If you would like to add to this list, please share the information below. I look forward to engaging in the conversation.