Mobile Marketing Association Publishes New Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines
October 19, 2009 Leave a comment
There are more than 2000 mobile phone applications that are functional and benefit the users. Some examples of this might inlcude a GPS system, tools to track expenses and mileage, games, etc. They are popular and made to benefit the consumer with hopes to increase brand awareness and integrity. Some of these apps are specific to certain kinds of phones or brands while others are not.
Since 2005, the Mobile Marketing Association has published Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines every 6 months based on input from the Global Advertising Committee. This provides global formats, guidelines and best practices needed to establish mobile advertising efforts for a variety of moble media channels that include web, instant messaging, downloadable applications and video. The goal is to engage and promote uptake in mobile advertising to make it simple for brands and agencies to create a consistent experience of implementation.
New global requirements for Mobile Application units include:
- New advertising units and definitions across channels
- New length requirements for Mobile Video & TV ad units
- Recommended future mobile web banner ad requirements
Resources for those looking to stay up to date on the most recent trends:
- The latest version of MMA Mobile guidlines : http://mmaglobal.com/mobileadvertising.pdf
- MMA White Paper overview of mobile advertising: www.mmaglobal.com/mobileadoverview.pdf
- Educational white papers for applications: http://www.mmaglobal.com/mobileapplications.pdf
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global association that strives to stimulate the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technology. MMA members include agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, carriers and operators, retailers, software providers and service providers, as well as any company focused on the potential of marketing via mobile devices. Taken directly from the MMA website, the Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and is the primary resource for the mobile marketing information and expertise, the MMA is dedicated to:
- Providing an industry forum to meet, discuss, plan and work cooperatively to resolve key industry issues
- Bringing together industry-wide, global and regional work groups that focus on industry initiatives
- Providing representation for the mobile marketing industry to major legislative bodies worldwide
- Sharing perspectives on mobile marketing between Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the U.S.
- Fueling peer-to-peer interaction through seminars, conferences and events
- Developing metrics for measuring ad delivery and consumer response
- Developing open and compatible mobile marketing technical and creative standards
- Defining and publishing mobile marketing best practices and guidelines on privacy, ad delivery, and ad measurement
- Providing the value and effectiveness of mobile marketing to advertisers, agencies and consumers
- Serving as the key advocate on behalf of the mobile marketing industry