Posted by KakieF on July 11, 2012
Kakie Fitzsimmons is a Senior Project Manager, Consultant and Speaker, with expertise in project management, leadership development, business, communications and marketing consulting, training and social media. She spent nearly 20 years working in the financial services industry. From 2005-December of 2012, Kakie was Vice President and Founding Partner of a childrens publishing and product company, Farmer’s Hat Productions. Together with her friend and business partner, she co-created Bur Bur and Friends, a cast of diverse characters who teach kids about sports and outdoors. Kakie has been a public speaker to large groups of people about a variety of topics that have included leadership, business planning, personal branding, publishing and more.
Kakie is an executive MBA Graduate from The Opus College of Business at The University of St. Thomas. She received her BA in business management and communications and a PMI recognized certification in project management, also from St. Thomas.
She is an author and blogger who has been the recipient of the following:
- Semi-Finalist – Minnesota Cup
- · Teachers Choice Awards
- · Disney iParenting Media Award
- · Mom’s Choice Awards
- · Nickelodeon Parent Picks, Best Local Blog Minneapolis/St. Paul
- · Website Semi-Finalist- AdFedMN “The Show”
Clean Tech Open – A national small business incubator and competition for clean and green technology companies in the United States
- 2010-2011 Marketing and Social Media Co-Chair
- 2002-2006 Co-Chair, Women’s Interest Network Committee
- 2001-2002 Spanish Interest Network Volunteer Chair and Steering Committee
- 2001-2002 Community Partners Council Member – Philanthropic Committee
Member – Project Management Institute, Execunet Minnesota, Social Media Breakfast Minneapolis, St. Paul Participant
- 2007-2010 Boy Scouts of America
- 2000-2012 Board Advisor – La Oportunidad
- 1997-2000 Treasurer and Board Member – La Oportunidad
- Other volunteer work: Junior Achievement, Children’s Tumor Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Dorothy Day Center, Feed My Starving Children, Catechist, St. John Neumann Catholic Church
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Award winning author, blogger, writer. Recipient of multiple awards and recognition including:
- Teachers Choice Award
- Disney iParenting Media Awards
- Mom’s Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Parent Picks, Best Local Blog Minneapolis
- Semi-Finalist in 2007 Minnesota Cup
- Website Semi-Finalist Advertising Federation of MN competition called “The Show”
PUBLIC SPEAKING AND MEDIA APPEARANCES
- Mall of America
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- Minnesota Children’s Museum
- Hubbs Children’s Literature Conference
- University of St. Thomas
- Book readings & signings: Hennepin County Library, Children’s Museum of Minnesota, St. David’s Center, Minnesota Saints Game,
- The Bookcase of Wayzata, The Red Balloon Bookshop, Toddler Tuesdays
- Recruited by the United States Senate to testify at a U.S. Senate Senate Field Hearing Affordable Housing Summit as an advocate
STRENGTHSFINDER PROFILE RESULTS
Posted in About Kakie | Tagged: Kakie Fitzsimmons Executive Leadership, Kakie Fitzsimmons Good Citizenship | Leave a Comment »
Posted by KakieF on April 10, 2009
I have read “Now Discover Your Strengths” by Markus Buckingham and found it compelling. In the book, Buckingham argues that we spend too much time in corporate america trying to improve on our “weaknesses” or, as others might say, “opportunities”. His theory, is that if we know our strengths and build on them to be even better, we will be more successful. I agree.
Authors and researchers at the Gallup Organization, analyzed results of interviews conducted by Gallup of over 1.7 million employees from 101 companies and representing 63 countries. When asked, only 20 percent of these employees stated that they were using their strengths everyday. Readers of this book are given access to a Strength Finder Profile so they can learn the areas where they shine. Below were the results from mine:
1. LEARNER – People strong in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
2. FOCUS- People strong in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
3. ACTIVATOR – People strong in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They can be impatient.
4. COMMAND- People strong in the Command theme have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions.
5. INPUT – People strong in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
Click here to see The 34 StrengthFinder glossary themes
Please share your thoughts below!
More about Kakie Fitzsimmons
Posted in About Kakie | Tagged: excellence, gallup organization, leadership, markus buckingham, Strengthsfinder | 3 Comments »
Posted by KakieF on March 25, 2009
Thanks for stopping by. In case you were wondering, my name, “Kakie“, is pronounced like the color khaki. Writing is a creative outlet for me and I founded this blog as a tool to do something worthwhile. My goal is to take my passion for learning combined with some of the authenticity that is me, to create connections by sharing knowledge.
Everyone has a story to tell and when we give, we get. Using our common experiences to collaborate can result in the power to heal, teach and connect.
As I work with dynamic people and organizations trying to figure out how to adapt to, and approach this new world, it thrills me each time we teach one another. So let’s get started and begin conversations about possibilities that help us be even better!
My professional journey has weaved in and out of Fortune 500 corporate environments, through roles that bestowed titles such as; Award Winning Entrepreneur, Author and Blogger. My skills have included that of a marketer, trainer, social media speaker and consultant, leadership development mentor, sales coach, PMI (Project Management Institute) certified project manager and a non traditional learner.
Imagine a world where we all become the great leaders we aspire to be. It can be done!
New doors are opening every day and I am optimistic about our future. It is my belief that successful people want to help each other and my desire is to have discussion about things that are meaningful to you. Please don’t keep me a secret, I would love to connect with others you think I should meet. Thank you for joining the conversation!
Posted in About Kakie | 2 Comments »
Posted by KakieF on January 29, 2009
Interested in contacting me with a question, comment or request? Please fill out the form below and I will get back to you soon.
(* Expresses a required field)
Posted in Contact | Leave a Comment »
Posted by KakieF on January 27, 2009
The portfolio below is one of many examples that demonstrate how Kakie has used her innovation and creativity as Vice President and Founding Partner at Farmer’s Hat Productions, a children’s product and publishing company. Along with a team of great people, Kakie co-created and launched award-winning children’s books and product extensions. Comments? Feel free to leave them below.
ABC Affiliate Boston Market WCVB CityLine 07/01/07
NBC Affiliate Minneapolis Kare-11 Sunrise Announcement of National Product Launch at the Mall of America 07/21/07
CBS Affiliate Minneapolis WCCO Four News Saturday Morning – The back story behind Bur Bur and Friends 07/28/07
Chicago WLS ABC 7 News This Morning 09/10/07
Posted in About Kakie | Tagged: Kakie Fitzsimmons, Kakie Fitzsimmons Innovator | Leave a Comment »
Posted by KakieF on January 3, 2009
This policy is valid from 27 September 2011
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Kakie by filling out
and submitting the comment form below.
This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do
accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the
form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Posted in Disclosure | Leave a Comment »